Home > Learn > Facts at a Glance
Facts at a Glance 2012
Since 1890, the Rescue Mission has been reaching out to the poor and needy in Utica, Rome and the Mohawk Valley. The Rescue Mission assists individuals to overcome homelessness, addictions, and disabilities through a life centered on Christ.
The organizational Mission Statement is: “The Rescue Mission of Utica is a Christian ministry unconditionally endeavoring to assess and meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of people coming for assistance.”
Thanks to the generous support of our community in the past year, God blessed the Rescue Mission by giving us the opportunity to:
• Serve 142,454 hot meals to homeless and underprivileged individuals.
• Distribute 1,497 food boxes to shut-ins and underprivileged families - 137%% increase over 2012, representing 90,069 meals.
• Provided 16,435 meals through our community meal program - 33% increase over 2012.
• Provide 45,005 nights of care to men and women residing at the Mission. 18,812 of these nights were in the Enriched Living Center, our mental health residential program.
• Provide 11,581shelter nights of care to men at our Emergency Shelter, where 75% found permanent housing.
• Hold over 152 chapel services with 3,296 in attendance.
• Guided 22 individuals in making faith decisions for Christ. Four men were baptized.
• 18 men graduated from the Parker House Aftercare (6-9 months) Program.
• 1,610 individuals provided 14,248 hours of volunteer service.
• Provide academic and job skills training to 271 men & women in areas such as computer literacy, business math, reading skills and GED preparation.
• Assist 797 adults with financial management in our Representative-Payee Program.
• Distribute over 8,200 pieces of donated clothing to 1,698 individuals in the community, including Mission residents.
Please email click here to request our Annual Report "Bringing Hope in the Time of Need" and learn more about our programs and the people whose lives have been changed.
To support this life-changing ministries. Thank you.