Home > Programs & Services > Rescue Mission Auxiliary
Rescue Mission Auxiliary
For over 40 years a very special group of people have been meeting each month in the Rescue Mission Chapel.
The members of the Rescue Mission Auxiliary have faithfully joined together to:
- be educated about Mission programs,
- hear client testimonies, and
- support “special projects” through their financial giving.
Past Auxiliary Presidents honored at the 40th Anniversary Celebration dinner held in September of 2009.
When the group first began, representatives of the local churches volunteered to act as liaisons between the church and Mission. The Auxiliary members would go back to their churches and share of their experiences and convey Mission needs.
Over the years they have raised money to purchase:
- new Bibles, Hymnals, and chairs for the Chapel;
- Bibles, dictionaries and thesaurus for the Learning Center;
- mattresses for the Emergency Shelter;
- a freezer and meat slicer for Food Services
- and the list goes on.
The Auxiliary always welcomes new members. They meet at 10:00 am the third Monday of each month (excluding July and August) in the Rescue Mission Chapel at 201 Rutger Street. Their meetings generally last one hour. For more information or to receive their monthly newsletter please contact Karin Pflanz at 315-735-1645 x 103.