- Addiction Stabilization Center
- Community Based Residential Program
- Community Service Programs
- Corporate Compliance Program
- Emergency Shelter for Men
- Enriched Living Center
- Food Service
- Learning Center
- Parker House Aftercare Program
- Peer Engagement Specialist
- Representative-Payee Program
- Skills for Success Job Training
- Spiritual Life Program
- West Street Apartments
Addiction Stabilization Center
The Addiction Stabilization Center (ASC) is a 25 bed faith based Residential Stabilization Service regulated by the New York State Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services for adult men and women with Substance Use Disorder. In 2019, individuals were provided with 6,261 nights of care in our Addiction Stabilization Center.
What is Stabilization? “Stabilization” provides a safe environment in which a person may minimize withdrawal symptoms, cravings, psychiatric and medical symptoms before referral or transition to another program or element of structured treatment/recovery. Stabilization requires the supervision of a physician and clinical monitoring. Our approach is a person-centered treatment model. Our clinical staff work with each person to develop an individualized treatment plan to stabilize and plan for recovery.
While in our care, residents are provided with:
- Medical Doctor and Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Options for Medically Assisted Withdrawal.
- Individual & Group Counseling.
- Social Worker.
- Peer Support Service.
- Family Support Services.
- Medication Education.
- Faith Based Support.
- AA and NA.
- Food, personal hygiene items, clothing and safe shelter.
- Laundry services.
- Spiritual counseling (upon request).
Perspective residents must meet the following criteria to qualify for stabilization:
- 18 years of age.
- Willing to participate in treatment for substance abuse disorder.
- Unable to abstain from substances without stabilization assistance.
- Not in need of intensive medical or psychiatric treatment.
Frequently asked questions:
- Do I have to be homeless? No.
- Can I be admitted if I’m currently engaged in treatment? Yes, although ASC provides a full range of treatment services therefore attending current provider would not occur while in ASC program.
- Do I have to pay for treatment? We accept a variety of health insurances.
- Can I smoke cigarettes while at ASC? No.
- Can I remain employment while in treatment? No, due to the nature of the program, we require all clients to focus on recovery only during the duration of their stay.
- How long will I be there? The duration of stay varies on how long it takes to meet treatment goals.
Here’s what some residents had to say about the program:
- “Bad decisions brought me here, but God is working in my life. I am grateful to be here because the people care.”
- “The support system was amazing and the staff was a huge help in my recovery.”
- “The staff have hearts of gold.”
- “Didn’t think I would make it here at first. I am grateful for a structured living place. It’s a good group of people here.”
Sarah Decker, BS, CASAC – Program Director of the Addiction Stabilization Center
315-735-1645 ext. 2161
315-735-1645 ext. 2161
Utica, NY 13501