M&T Bank Fund awards more than $110,500 to community organizations
M&T Bank/Partners Trust Bank Charitable Fund (MTPT) awarded $110,548 in grants to eight local nonprofits in the fourth quarter of 2018. MTPT, a donor-advised fund of The Community Foundation of Herkimer & Oneida Counties, is committed to investing in its local community.
In 2018, the fund awarded more than $827,000, bringing the fund’s lifetime granting to more than $2.4 million. Since 2007, MTPT has awarded more than 164 grants to a variety of programs and organizations throughout Herkimer and Oneida counties.
The fund’s fourth quarter 2018 grants include the following recipients:
• Hope House is to receive a $5,000 general support grant. Hope House serves more than 90,000 meals each year to those in need.
• Johnson Park Center was awarded a $20,000 grant to support the fifth year of the Head, Hand and Heart Family Enrichment Program which prepares children ages 3 to 5 to be kindergarten-ready.
• Masonic Medical Research Institute was awarded a $25,000 grant to purchase centrifuge equipment to allow researchers to better understand the underlying causes and mechanisms of some of the country’s most devastating diseases.
• Rescue Mission of Utica was awarded a $3,000 grant to support the annual holiday dinner and purchase toys for youth and outerwear for those in need.
• St. Joseph and St. Patrick Church – Mother Marianne’s West Side Kitchen was awarded a $5,000 general support grant. The kitchen provides more than 4,000 hot meals each month in addition to bagged lunches, and more.
• Utica College – Young Scholars Liberty Partnership Program received a $35,488 grant to support the 2019 Summer STEAM Scholars Project summer education program for high school and middle school students to pique their interest in STEAM subjects and prepare them for college.
• YMCA of the Mohawk Valley received a $3,700 grant to help fund the organization’s Youth Center Program.