Become a Volunteer!
Volunteers bring essential services to every outreach program of the Rescue Mission. Each year, hundreds of people offer their time, talent and goodness of heart to Mission projects that help make a difference in the lives of needy individuals. 1,263 individuals volunteered 20,934 hours of service to the Mission.
Serve as an individual, or as part of a group!
“It is a blessing to serve our Lord by volunteering here at the Rescue Mission,” says one volunteer. Another says, “I am glad to be a part of the volunteer program. Everyone is so helpful. It makes one feel useful and it also feels good.”
Come feel “good and useful” by volunteering with us!
Typical Ways to Volunteer
- AA/NA meeting facilitator
- Answer phones
- Peer group facilitator
- Answer phone, greet guests and light clerical work.
- Sorting/hanging clothes, Monday 6p-8p
- Food box distribution, Monday, Thursday, Friday 12:30p-3:30p
- Monthly replacement of Rescue Mission canisters at various Utica locations
- Once a week teach crafts to the residents
- Lunch Buddy
- Hymn sing – Thursdays at 2:30 pm
- Mowing/raking and ground maintenance; other jobs available.
- Retired accountants or support staff
- Answer phone in front office
- Clerical – filing, copying, new client packet assembly
- Clerical – sorting, filing
- 3 – 4 hours on Wednesday’s
- Greeter/Donations/Clerk Assistant
- Light cleaning
Please print and fill out our Volunteer Application 2022 or Group Volunteer Application 2022 and mail, email (as PDF) or fax completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 315-793-8211 or drop off/mail to 293 Genesee Street, Utica, NY 13501 ATTN: Samantha Gotti, Volunteer/Intern Coordinator.
Samantha Gotti, Volunteer/Intern Coordinator
315-735-1645 ext. 2103
Utica, NY 13501