Other Ways to Help...
If you’d like to serve in ways other than donating or volunteering, one or more of these options — including prayer — might be just right for you.
Organize a Food Drive…
Rescue Mission of Utica distributes food boxes to families in need. Each box contains the ingredients for 18 meals, no matter the size of the family. We also provide counseling, advocacy and referrals to help with other critical needs. We encourage families to utilize the food box program, because it is important to keep the family together at home — and not have parents bring their children to the Mission for meals. We feel that if we can provide the food, along with counseling and referrals, we can keep people living in a safe, healthy environment, thus eliminating homelessness. Tony, a single dad with four kids, says the food boxes are “a blessing from God during hard times. I don’t know how I would provide for my kids if it wasn’t for the program.” The demand for our food boxes has tripled in the last few years. Please help by organizing a food box drive with your church, business, school or other group. (Download and print a list of needed food items.)
Food can be brought to the Food Service Center located at 201 Rutger Street in Utica between the hours of 5:30 am – 5:30 pm daily.
Organize an Underwear and Sock Drive…
Underwear and socks are a necessity of everyday life, yet we never seem to have enough. The Rescue Mission has an urgent need for underwear and socks!
Churches can sponsor an UNDIE SUNDAY. Corporations, civic organizations, businesses and schools can sponsor an UNDIE MONDAY.
Both events need the following new, packaged items: Men’s briefs, T-shirts and socks -AND- Women’s undies, T-shirts and socks.
We are firm believers in the power of prayer. God is blessing the ministry of the Rescue Mission because of His faithful servants’ commitment to prayer.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)
- Pray for the many families in our community who need food baskets.
- Pray that caring individuals, businesses and church groups will conduct food drives to meet the increased need for food and meals.
- Pray for our residents, that their hearts would be open to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Pray that God will continue to grant wisdom to the Rescue Mission leadership for daily decisions that are important to the welfare of our clients.
- Come and see what God has done, how awesome are His works in man’s behalf.” (Psalm 66:5)
- Praise God for the lives being changed for eternity through our spiritual life programs.
- Praise God for the Rescue Mission employees who give sacrificially to minister to the hurting people God sends to us.
- Praise God for the many volunteers who faithfully give of their time and talents.
If you are interested in organizing one of the above opportunities, please contact:
Melissa DePue, Volunteer/Intern Coordinator
315-735-1645 ext. 2103
Utica, NY 13501