Become a Volunteer!
Volunteers bring essential services to every outreach program of the Rescue Mission. Each year, hundreds of people offer their time, talent and goodness of heart to Mission projects that help make a difference in the lives of needy individuals.
Serve as an individual, or as part of a group!
“It is a blessing to serve our Lord by volunteering here at the Rescue Mission,” says one volunteer. Another says, “I am glad to be a part of the volunteer program. Everyone is so helpful. It makes one feel useful and it also feels good.”
Come feel “good and useful” by volunteering with us!
Typical Ways to Volunteer
- AA/NA meeting facilitator
- Answer phones
- Peer group facilitator
- Answer phone, greet guests and light clerical work.
- Sorting/hanging clothes, Monday 6p-8p
- Food box distribution, Monday, Thursday, Friday 12:30p-3:30p
- Monthly replacement of Rescue Mission canisters at various Utica locations
- Once a week teach crafts to the residents
- Lunch Buddy
- Hymn sing – Thursdays at 2:30 pm
- Mowing/raking and ground maintenance; other jobs available.
- Answer phone in front office
- Clerical – filing, copying, new client packet assembly
- Clerical – sorting, filing
- 3 – 4 hours on Wednesday’s
Urgent Volunteer Needs!
Our Facilities Department is in an urgent need for groundskeeping volunteers. Mowing, raking lawn and light ground maintenance included.
Our Learning Center is looking for some retired special ed teachers as volunteers to work with community members and residents on Adult Basic Education.
If you are interested and can help us out, please contact: Stephanie Moore, Volunteer Services & Internship Coordinator at email@example.com or 315.735.1645×103.
Please print and fill out the our volunteer application and mail, email (as PDF) or fax completed application to:
Stephanie Moore, Volunteer Services & Internship Coordinator
Utica, NY 13501